Location of Our Luxury Apartments in Queens Gate
Fraser Suites Queens Gate, London is ideally located within the prestigious vicinity of internationally renowned shops, popular restaurants, café bars, Royal Parks, museums and West End theatres – all of which are within walking distance. Served by the Gloucester Road tube station that connects to 3 underground lines, getting to places is easy through the extensive London Underground network readily accessible just around the corner.
Fraser Suites Queens Gate, London
39B Queens Gate Gardens,
London SW7 5RR
Facilities, Amenities and Services within the vicinity
- Kensington Gardens and Palace (10-minute walk)
- Kensington High Street (15-minute walk)
- Waitrose Supermarket (3-minute walk)
- Tesco Supermarket (4-minute walk)
- Sainsbury Supermarket (8-minute walk)
- Wholefoods Supermarket (17-minute walk)
- Marks & Spencer, for food and retail (20-minute walk)
- South Kensington Tube Station (10-minute walk)
- Gloucester Road Tube Station (3-minute walk)
- Post Office (3-minute walk)
- Banks: NatWest, Barclays and Lloyds (5- to 15-minute walk)
- Newsagents (3-minute walk)
- Boots Chemists (3-minute walk)
- Patisserie Valerie (10-minute walk)
- Paul’s bakery (3-minute walk)
Nearest Underground: Gloucester Road
- Short walk from Fraser Suites Queens Gate, London
- Serviced by the Piccadilly, Circle and District linesConnects to Heathrow Airport, mainline stations, London’s West End and Theatre Land
Nearest Mainline Stations:
- London Victoria (10 minutes by tube) with express service to Gatwick Airport every 15 minutes
- London Paddington (10 minutes by tube) with express service to London Heathrow every 15 minutes
- King’s Cross St. Pancras (25 minutes by tube) home to Eurostar
- London Waterloo (25 minutes by tube)
- A wide selection of London Transport bus routes are within the vicinity.
- Chauffeur service or taxi reservations may be arranged upon request.
Getting to Fraser Suites Queens Gate
- From Heathrow Airport, approximately 45 minutes’ drive time.
- From Gatwick Airport, approximately 60 minutes’ drive time.
The capital city of England, United Kingdom, London is a global city that leads in the areas of arts, commerce, education, entertainment, and media amongst many other accomplishments.
Standing on the River Thames, both the classic and royal appeals of the city have made it one of the world’s most visited cities. Besides a diverse range of peoples and cultures, numerous museums and galleries, London is also home to four World Heritage Sites: the Tower of London, The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, The Palace of Westminster and Maritime Greenwich.
Moving around in London is easy in the country where the English language originates. The London public transport network that comprises the well-known tubes, buses, trains and more is one of the biggest and most extensive in the world. One can travel at ease visiting historic buildings, places of interest, museums, art galleries and many other attractions manoeuvring in the city with the London Pass.
Essential facts of London
The official language in United Kingdom (UK) is English.
The local time in the UK in winter is referred to as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). In summer, the local time in the UK in summer is referred to as British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT+1.
Visit the UK Visas and Immigration Service website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration for information on visas for tourists, work, study, and other related information or useful contacts.
The British Pound Sterling (GBP) is used in the UK.
The standard VAT rate is 20%.
Tipping is not required in the UK. All staff in the UK, must by law, be paid at least the National Minimum Wage whether they receive tips or not.
Banks, in general are open as follows:
- Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
- Saturdays (some branches), 09:00 to 14:00 hours
- Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
Shops, may vary but generally:
- Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 19:00 hours
- Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 to 17:00 hours
The calling UK code is 44.
The electrical current in the UK is 230V/50Hz.
Public holidays in United Kingdom are called "Bank Holidays" and include:
- New Year's Day: 1st January
- Good Friday: varies
- Easter Monday: varies
- Early May Bank Holiday: 1st Monday of May
- Spring Bank Holiday: last Monday of May
- Summer bank Holiday: last Monday of August
- Christmas Day: 25th December
- Boxing Day: 26th December